QUOTE ABOUT EDUCATION

All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education. - Sir Walter Scott

Wednesday 14 October 2009

When the Lord Speaks and The Virtuous Woman

When the Lord Speaks


I wanted to have a career
I didn't want to be at home
I wanted to be like other women
So all I did was moan

I wanted to have a big house
I wanted my own car
I wanted lots of holidays
To countries, near and far

But the Lord in all His tenderness
One day, took me aside
And said - "My dear daughter!"
These I can provide

"But I didn't call you to go out to work
To have your own career
I wanted you at home so that
You'd have time to draw near

"My Son is building a house for you;
A mansion in the sky
You do not need these worldly things
You're the apple of my eye

"So come dear daughter, the one I saved,
Your life is fulfilled in Me.
I will love and provide for you
Throughout eternity!"

So now I see God's plan for me
Is to serve Him in my home
I have a peace all over me
And now I never moan

Written by me (6th June 2008)


the virtuous woman

Who is this wife

So rare and precious

Who has a worth above a gem?

Who is the man

Who safely trusts her?

He is above all other men.

Who is this wife

Who does him good

Who works hard with her hands?

Who cooks with love

She brings him food

From a myriad of lands.

Who is this wife

Rising at night

To feed those in her home?

She works with love

And tenderness

With joy, and not a moan.

Who is this wife?

She sees a field

She buys it for some vines

To grow fresh grapes

So she can make

Some rare and precious wines.


Who is this wife

Who works all day?

Her lamp is lit all night

She spins and weaves;

Makes fine clothes

Her heart just shines with light.

Who is this wife

Who sees the need

Of those so poorly fed?

She reaches out

Her eager hands

To give them living bread.

Who is this wife

Who has no fear

Of snow within her breast?

Her family are

Always clothed

With the finest and the best.

Who is this wife

Of wisdom rare

Kindness upon her tongue?

Glory, praise

And honour are hers

As a song of joy is sung!


Blessed is this wife

Who works

For the glory of her Lord

Strength and virtue

She shall wear

And honour is her word

Deceitful is all

Worldly charm;

Beauty passes away!

But the one who

Serves and obeys the Lord,

A crown will wear one day.


Both poems are from my book of poetry called Pools of Living Water

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pools-Living-Water-Carolyn-Davison/dp/0956157319/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255552214&sr=1-1


http://www.amazon.com/Pools-Living-Water-Carolyn-Davison/dp/0956157319/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255552214&sr=1-1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.